Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Posted on: Nov 19, 2019
Mai Wiru are seeking expressions of interest for full-time experienced store managers to run rural community stores in Outback SA (APY Lands) and NT.
- Attractive Remuneration
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Subsidised Accommodation
Mai Wiru Regional Stores Council Aboriginal Corporation
Mai Wiru are seeking expressions of interest for full-time experienced store managers to run rural community stores in Outback SA (APY Lands) and NT. Applicants can apply individually or as a couple, as stores are often managed as a two person team.
Working as part of the Mai Wiru Regional Stores Council Aboriginal Corporation (Mai Wiru) team, and in consultation with the Store Committee, Store Managers are responsible for the day-to-day running and operation of the store.
The aim of the Store Manager is to maximise profitability of the store while simultaneously keeping with the Mai Wiru Charter; a range of healthy food and essential items at affordable prices.
Amongst other duties, Store Managers are required to manage, oversee and be involved in the following aspects of the store; human resourcing, marketing, logistics, information technology, customer service, finance, administration, conflict resolution and compliance of the store.
The Store Manager(s) must actively promote healthier choices for Indigenous peoples by way of the consistent supply of fresh and healthy products, store placement of products, ticketing and information flow.
It is essential that the Store Managers understand and respect cultural differences within the community.
It is the responsibility of the Store Manager to update Mai Wiru management on business performance, new initiatives and other issues pertaining to the Store and events that may be happening in the Community.
Ensure the store operation is effective and efficient, and provide a high standard of service and goods to the community in accordance with Mai Wiru values.
- Shelves etc. are full to capacity with quality saleable items, goods are rotated, and products are priced in accordance with policy.
- Retail area is clean and tidy, maintaining good retail presentation.
- The needs of new and existing customers are attended to.
- Activities and promotions are developed to ensure sales targets are met.
- The encouragement and involvement of Indigenous personnel in the store.
- Monthly meetings are conducted with Committee members, in which you facilitate.
Effectively manage staff in an efficient and courteous environment that fosters a productive experience for customers and staff alike. This includes training and mentoring staff, writing efficient rosters, developing good rapport with staff, addressing issues in a timely and pro-active manner, and cultivating a positive team environment.
Meet occupational health and safety obligations and model appropriate behaviour in day to day work activities.
• Minimum of five years within retail grocery management.
• Proven leadership skills [Mentoring and training experiences required].
• Stock control expertise and proven financial/administrative skills.
• Knowledge of dealing with various cultural backgrounds.
• Intermediate computer skills.