Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
LPO Yuendumu - Post Office Assistant
Posted on: Sep 26, 2019
Mai Wiru is currently looking to employ additional staff across our 12 remote community stores. Genuine career progression available.
- Genuine Career Path
- Relocation expenses reimbursed (conditions apply)
- Training provided
If you are looking for an adventure and interested in fulfilling 1st or 2nd year visa commitments (Visa conditions apply), we may be able to provide a suitable community store that will aid in fulfilling your visa requirements [Workplace eligibility will be assessed].
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail employee Grade 2 – shall mean employee engaged to perform a range of duties within the operation of the Store.
The duties of a Post Office Assistant/Retail employee, may include (but not limited to):
- Reconcile LPO registers, record and balance daily transactions.
- Maintain financial or account records for the LPO.
- Weigh letters and parcels, compute mailing costs based on type, weight, and destination, and affix correct postage.
- Weigh parcels to determine shipping and postal costs.
- Obtain signatures from recipients of registered or special delivery mail.
- Obtain written authorisation to perform activities.
- Register, certify, and insure letters and parcels.
- Sell and collect payment for products such as stamps, prepaid mail envelopes, and money orders.
- Check mail to ensure correct postage is calculated.
- Inspect suspect packages and letters in-line with LPO policies.
- Verify shipping documentation.
- Answer questions regarding mail regulations and procedures, postage rates, and post office boxes.
- Explain regulations, policies, or procedures of Australia Post.
- Complete forms regarding changes of address, or theft or loss of mail, or for special services such as registered or priority mail.
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail, according to type and destination, by hand or by operating electronic mail-sorting and scanning devices.
- Undelivered parcels secured away and perform security compliance measures outlined by Australia Post policies and procedures.
- Provide customers with assistance in filing claims for mail theft or lost or damaged mail.
- Respond to complaints regarding mail theft, delivery problems, and lost or damaged mail, filling out forms and making appropriate referrals for investigation
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock including fresh food, for display.
- Maintenance of ticketing and shelf labelling.
- Movement of Stock around the Retail Grocery Store and LPO.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures, including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with normal position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guide lines of policy and procedures of the LPO and Retail Grocery Store.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Stock control management.
- Maintenance of basic manual / computerised records.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store and Post Office.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to Customers.
- Other lawful duties as may be requested by the Store Manager.
- Reports directly to the Store Manager of the Yuendumu Big Shop
The successful candidate will have heavily subsidised accommodation within the community that they are assigned to, which includes all utilities, phone & internet - at a charge of $40p/w.
The rate of pay will be in accordance with the Retail Award at $27.40 per hour (Retail Employee Grade 2) with casual hours ranging anywhere from 20 - 45 hours per week, depending on the location and store requirements.
Genuine career progression is available and training will provided to ensure your success.
This role may lead to a full-time contract and will allow you to explore the country across our 12 community stores in the N.T and S.A.