Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Casual Retail/Warehouse Employees - MEGA CHOICE
Posted on: Aug 4, 2022
We are looking for a fresh and motivated team of Retail and Warehouse Assistants ! Training provided and flexible hours to suit your lifestyle!
- Established Reatil / Warehouse Distributor!
- Central location within Alice Springs!
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle!
Mega Choice (formerly Mega Discounters) has now been in operation in Alice Springs (N.T) for the past 3 years!
Since our grand opening, we have moved some 'MEGA' stock across the country, bringing 'choice' and our exceptional service to the remote surrounds and major cities!
We are looking for a fresh and motivated team of Retail and Warehouse Assistants! Training provided and flexible hours to suit your lifestyle (school hours/holiday periods/ FT - PT - Casual hrs available).
What We Do:
Offering Alice Springs a MEGA CHOICE of products ranging from white goods, furniture, groceries, pet, confectionary, general merch etc. Our retail outlet also dispatches bulk warehouse goods across Australia, to the farthest of remote communities and major cities!
Who We Are:
We are an Indigenous Organisation, our sister business is Mai Wiru Regional Stores Council Aboriginal Corporation, which is a Not-for-Profit organisation 100% owned and controlled by Aboriginal (Anangu) people.
Mai Wiru has been around since the 1980s, starting off as a group of Healthy Stores within the APY Lands (Central S.A).
Our community stores are still in full swing to this day and are a testimony of how far Mai Wiru has come!
Want to Know more about Mai Wiru?
Follow the link below:
A Casual Retail/Warehouse Employee assists with store presentation and all retail activity within the store - under the direction and supervision of Management. This involves a responsibility to adhere to Mega Choice's corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Work in a team environment under general supervision
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock for retail display or dispatch.
- Movement of Stock around the Store.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with typical position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guidelines of policy and procedures.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to customers.
Depending on your performance and development potential, a Mega Choice Employee may request to be placed in our fast-tracked management course, where you will be exposed to remote 'relief work' in any of our remote communities across S.A and N.T.
This will allow you to travel/explore Outback Australia, with relocation and accommodation paid for, along with a daily food allowance provided (conditions apply). Upon successful completion of this training program, you will be poised and ready for placement in a management role across one of our Mai Wiru Stores.
Please Note: If you wish to apply directly for remote casual work, please apply via the appropriate job advertisement on: www.maiwiru.org.au
REMUNERATION + BENEFITS
- Retail Level 1 - General Retail Industry Award
- Hours vary for Casual Employment (additional hours based on performance): between 20 - 38hours per week
- 10.5% Superannuation
- Cracker Christmas Party!
If you would like to know more about Mega Discounters, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MEGAdiscounters/