Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Mega Choice - Assistant Store Manager
Posted on: Apr 28, 2022
Retail Assistant Store Manager with Mega Choice in Alice Springs
- Salary Sacrifice
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Engage and work within a rewarding environment which will provide you with a unique living and travel experience. From Alice Springs to Uluru, through the desert of Central Australia, and as far south as the picturesque views of Ceduna S.A - you will certainly explore areas that many would dream of visiting.
You will be based at our mainstream retail outlet, Mega Choice, located in Alice Springs N.T. The outlet provides general merchandise, affordable furniture, hardware and unique products at retail and wholesale prices.
Your position will provide opportunities to engage local businesses to provide wholesale services/products.
On offer to the successful candidate:
- Attractive salary
- Performance and Retention Bonuses
- Salary Sacrifice available
- 10% Superannuation
- Relocation Allowance (conditions apply)
- Professional development opportunities (Progress and develop your skills and knowledge to be poised for growth); and
- Food Safety, First Aid training and Forklift training are provided.
Working as part of the Mai Wiru team (Mai Wiru is the 'sister' organisation of Enterprise Pulka Pty Ltd), the Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the day-to-day running and operation of the store, keeping with its Charter; a range of general merchandise essential items at affordable prices.
Assistant Store Managers are involved in the daily operations, human resourcing, marketing, logistics, information technology, customer service, finance, administration, conflict resolution and compliance of the store.
- Shelves/display areas are full to capacity with quality saleable items, goods are rotated, and products are priced in accordance with policy.
- Retail area is clean and tidy, maintaining good retail presentation.
- The needs of new and existing customers are attended to.
- Assist in developing activities and promotions to ensure sales targets are met.
- The encouragement and involvement of Indigenous personnel in the store.
- Supervise, delegate and motivate employees.
- Ensure staff operate within the guidelines of policies and procedures.
- Perform administration/banking/clerical duties as directed by Store Manager.
- Willing to assist at other Mai Wiru locations upon request.
- Responsible for cash handling, banking, and maintaining and lodging accurate financial/sales/performance reports.
- Effectively manage staff in an efficient and courteous environment that fosters a productive experience for customers and staff alike.
- Mentoring of staff, writing efficient rosters, developing good rapport with staff, addressing issues in a timely and pro-active manner, and cultivating a positive team environment.
- Meet occupational health and safety obligations and model appropriate behaviour in day to day work activities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Retail experience preferably in groceries.
• Proven leadership skills with ability to develop and mentor.
• Sound stock rotation and cash handling experience.
• Experience in financials.
• Proven experience in dealing with various cultures.
• Intermediate experience in computers and Microsoft suite.
• Must have manual Driver's Licence.
• Forklift License. [Training can be provided]
• Senior First Aid Certificate.
• Ability to prioritise and have strong attention to detail.
• Capability to work unsupervised with sound time management skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of Work Health and Safety guidelines, policies and procedures, and responsibilities.
• High-level customer service
Work is very operational and manual labour intensive, with requirements to be physically fit.
- Minimum of three years within retail grocery management
- Proven leadership skills [Mentoring and training experiences required]
- Stock control expertise and proven financial/administrative skills
- Knowledge of dealing with various cultural backgrounds
- Intermediate computer skills
- Tertiary education or Retail Certificate (Advantageous)
- Manual Driver's Licence
- Forklift licence (required - and must be able to obtain one)
- Ochre Card
Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 due to the position providing services to vulnerable people.
As Mai Wiru provides services to 'at risk and vulnerable people' across remote Indigenous Communities, candidates will also be required to submit a 'Criminal Background Check' with their application.
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful candidates considered for the position will be contacted for interviews.