Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Casual Retail Employee
Posted on: Jul 2, 2019
IMMEDIATE START - CASUAL RETAIL EMPLOYEE - REMOTE WORK
- Attractive Remuneration
- Attractive Career Progression
- Subsidised Accommodation
If you are looking for an adventure and interested in fulfilling 1st or 2nd year visa commitments, we may be able to provide a suitable community store that will aid in fulfilling your visa requirements [Workplace eligibility will be assessed].
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail employee Grade 2 – shall mean employee engaged to perform a range of duties within the operation of the Store.
The duties of Retail employee may include (but not limited to):
- Work in a team environment under general supervision
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock including fresh food for display.
- Movement of Stock around the Store.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with normal position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guidelines of policy and procedures.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to Customers.
- Preparation of food in the take-away outlet
- Willing to assist other Mai Wiru Regional Store Council Aboriginal Corporation (MWRSCAC) Stores at other MWRSCAC sites on request
The successful candidate will have heavily subsidised accommodation within the community that they are assigned to, which includes all utilities, phone & internet - at a charge of $40p/w.
The rate of pay will be in accordance with the Retail Award at $26.60 per hour (Retail Employee Grade 2) with casual hours ranging anywhere from 20 - 45 hours per week, depending on the location and store requirements.
Genuine career progression is available and training will provided to ensure your success.
This role may lead to a full-time contract and will allow you to explore the country across our 10 community stores in the N.T and S.A.