Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Store Manager - 'Mega Discounters' - NEW RETAIL OUTLET OPENING
Posted on: Jul 2, 2019
A new and exciting opportunity for the competitively minded! Mai Wiru Regional Stores requires an experienced Retail Store Manager to join our team!
- Genuine career progression available!
- Salary sacrifice available!
- Subsidised accommodation available!
Mai Wiru Regional Stores Council Aboriginal Corporation (Mai Wiru) has branched out into mainstream retail! Our very first variety discount store has opened in Alice Springs and is the talk of the town! The new Store will come under the trading name of - Mega Discounters!
This wonderful opportunity will provide a successful applicant room to grow, starting from the day our NEW & EXCITING venture opens for business!
What We Do:
Mai Wiru successfully operates & supports Community Stores and Supermarkets in remote areas of South Australia and the Northern Territory.
We work together in partnership with Community Leaders to ensure that Aboriginal people of those regions, have supportive services and consistency in food security, with an abundant supply of fresh fruit and vegetables delivered every week.
A wide range of healthy food products are made available at subsidised prices at all Mai Wiru Stores and Supermarkets.
Who We Are:
We are a Not-for-Profit organisation 100% owned and controlled by Aboriginal (Anangu) people.
Our Board of Directors comprises of representatives from all communities on the APY Lands, APY Executive, Nganampa Health Council & NPY Women's Council. Mai Wiru prides itself by being a successful self-funded organisation.
A Store Manager controls store presentation and all retail activity within their store. This involves responsibility to maintain profitable trading and adherence to Mega Discounters' [Enterprise Pulka] corporate standards.
There are four key areas of responsibility: People, Product, Processes and Store.
- act as a role model, demonstrate Enterprise Pulkas’ values in all interactions with customers and staff.
- provide strong pro-active leadership with a hands-on approach.
- actively encourage and facilitate a co-operative team approach.
- lead and inspire a store culture that encourages ownership of continuous improvement.
- manage the planning, organisation and checking process of the total operation of the store.
- clear and concise communication across all working relationships to ensure relevant information is delivered and understood.
- provide regular feedback to staff on performance, document outcomes and implement performance management actions if necessary.
- pro-actively manage staff and/or customer conflict/potential conflict.
- recognise and acknowledge positive performance.
- hold regular tool box meetings for the purpose of feedback and updates.
- train, coach, manage and develop staff to improve skill sets and job knowledge.
- promote and encourage Indigenous employment; and
- utilise the HR Department to provide advice on recruitment and HR matters.
- ensure all stock movements and range suit the stores’ needs.
- stock is checked for accuracy in quantity and pricing.
- merchandise and present stock in an inviting manner to maximise add-on-sales.
- direct merchandising of stock and coordinate in-store promotions.
- measure store departmental turnover to ensure sales growth and;
- pro-actively respond to merchandising initiative.
- ensure Organisation Policy & Procedures are implemented and followed.
- ensure all Store budgets and/or budget constraints as well as targets, are implemented and managed - with any variances submitted in a timely manner.
- complete quarterly housekeeping review.
- ensure HR, Financial, Administrative documentation and reports are accurate and submitted on time.
- maintain data integrity.
- coordinate efficient, effective and accurate stocktakes.
- all correspondence must be answered in a timely manner.
- have a passion for customer service and lead by example in driving a strong, pro-active customer focus.
- ensure the Organisations’ customer service values are achieved.
- maintain effective wage control and control expenses to agreed budgets.
- maintain staff roster and staff levels to meet customer demands.
- ensure equipment used is fit-for-purpose and maintained.
- monitor Store routines and actively maintain store and housekeeping standards.
- manage Store and Staff security in line with the Organisations’ Policies and Procedures.
- analyse store results and develop strategies to continuously improve performance.
- prepare daily, weekly and monthly planners to incorporate effective time management.
- take reasonable care to ensure the safety of all staff members. ‘Do not place others at risk by any act or omission’.
- follow safe work procedures.
- do not wilfully or recklessly interfere with retail machinery i.e. pallet jacks, trolleys, cardboard bailers and forklifts.
- maintain a safe, clean working environment.
- report hazards and injuries as per policy and procedures; and
- report all policy or procedure breaches to the HR Department
- complete all other duties as reasonably required and/or directed by the Retail Operations department team.
- work flexible hours and hours as necessary to achieve the outcomes required; and
- respond to alarm call outs.
- retail store management.
- achievement of sales, wages and gross profit results.
- stock handling including merchandising, shrinkage prevention.
- a leadership role with evidence of coaching staff.
- data analysis and problem solving.
- experience in using an Inventory Management System.
- exposure to expense control.
- effective conflict management ability.
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
- passion for customer service, high level prioritisation, organisational and time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- ability to influence others, build rapport and make positive change.
- ability to cope with changing work demands and a fast-changing environment.
- adaptive, supportive, Reliable, committed and trustworthy.
For further information, please call our Head Office on Ph: 08 8929 1639 and ask for Richie [HR Manager].