Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Casual Retail Employees - 'MEGA DISCOUNTERS' Store
Posted on: May 15, 2019
We are looking for a fresh and motivated team of Retail Assistants! Excellent customer service is a MUST! Training provided.
- New and exciting retail business!
- Potential to grow within the organisation!
- Great team and atmosphere to work in!
Our very first variety discount store is set to open by mid-June 2019 in Alice Springs. The new Store will come under the trading name of - Mega Discounters!
This wonderful opportunity will provide a successful applicant room to grow, starting from the day our NEW & EXCITING venture opens for business!
What We Do:
Mai Wiru successfully operates & supports Community Stores and Supermarkets in remote areas of South Australia and the Northern Territory.
We work together in partnership with Community Leaders to ensure that Aboriginal people of those regions, have supportive services and consistency in food security, with an abundant supply of fresh fruit and vegetables delivered every week.
A wide range of healthy food products are made available at subsidised prices at all Mai Wiru Stores and Supermarkets.
Who We Are:
We are a Not-for-Profit organisation 100% owned and controlled by Aboriginal (Anangu) people.
Our Board of Directors comprises of representatives from all communities on the APY Lands, APY Executive, Nganampa Health Council & NPY Women's Council. Mai Wiru prides itself by being a successful self-funded organisation.
A Casual Retail Employee assists with store presentation and all retail activity within the store - under the direction and supervision of Management. This involves a responsibility to adhere to Mega Discounters' [Enterprise Pulka] corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail employee Grade 1 – shall mean employee engaged to perform a range of duties within the operation of the Store.
The duties of a Retail employee may include (but not limited to):
- Work in a team environment under general supervision
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock including fresh food for display.
- Movement of Stock around the Store.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with normal position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guidelines of policy and procedures.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to Customers.
The rate of pay will be in accordance with the General Retail Industry Award.
Genuine career progression is available and training will be provided to ensure your success.