Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Casual Retail Employees - 'MEGA DISCOUNTERS' Store
Posted on: Jul 15, 2021
We are looking for a fresh and motivated team of Retail Assistants! Excellent customer service is a MUST! Training provided.
- New and exciting retail business!
- Development potential and training provided!
- Great team and atmosphere to work in!
Our very first variety discount store has just opened in Alice Springs. The new Store will come under the trading name of - Mega Discounters!
This wonderful opportunity will provide a successful applicant room to grow!
What We Do:
Mai Wiru is in charge of recruitment for Enterprise Pulka Pty Ltd (T/A Mega Discounters). Mai Wiru operates & supports Community Stores and Supermarkets in remote areas of South Australia and the Northern Territory.
We work together in partnership with Community Leaders to ensure that Aboriginal people of those regions have supportive services and consistency in food security, with an abundant supply of fresh fruit and vegetables delivered every week.
A wide range of healthy food products is made available at subsidised prices at all Mai Wiru Stores and Supermarkets.
Who We Are:
Mai Wiru is a Not-for-Profit organisation 100% owned and controlled by Aboriginal (Anangu) people.
Our Board of Directors comprises of representatives from all communities on the APY Lands, APY Executive, Nganampa Health Council & NPY Women's Council. Mai Wiru prides itself on being a successful self-funded organisation. Mega Discounters is a subsidiary company of Mai Wiru that focuses on offering quality and affordable variety products - ranging from whitegoods, furniture, automotive, non-perishable groceries etc.
A Casual Retail Employee assists with store presentation and all retail activity within the store - under the direction and supervision of Management. This involves a responsibility to adhere to Mega Discounters' [Enterprise Pulka Pty Ltd] corporate standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties of a Retail employee may include (but not limited to):
- Work in a team environment under general supervision
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock including fresh food for display.
- Movement of Stock around the Store.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with normal position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guidelines of policy and procedures.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to Customers.
Depending on your performance and development, a Mega Employee may request for a transfer or additional 'relief work' in any one of our remote communities across S.A and N.T.
This will allow you to travel/explore Outback Australia, with relocation paid for and a daily food allowance provided while you are away from your base (Alice Springs). For your support, you will also be paid an additional 'Higher Duties' rate during your remote work and fast track your retail development for future career progression!
Please Note: If you wish to apply directly for remote casual work, please apply via the appropriate job advertisement on: www.maiwiru.org.au
REMUNERATION + BENEFITS
- Retail Level 1 - General Retail Industry Award
- Hours vary for Casual Employment (additional hours based on performance): Ranges between 20 - 38hours per week
- 9.5% Superannuation
- Regular staff meetings & staff functions
- Clear management training plan for future career development.
Genuine career progression is available and training will be provided to ensure your success.
If you would like to know more about Mega Discounters, please visit our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MEGAdiscounters/