Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Assistant Store Manager(s) - Mai Wiru Regional Stores
Posted on: May 1, 2019
Assistant Store Managers are responsible for supporting the Store Managers in the day-to-day running and operation of the store.
- Subsidised Accommodation
- Attractive Employee Benefits
- Salary Sacrifice Available
Mai Wiru Regional Stores
Working as part of the Mai Wiru Regional Stores Council Aboriginal Corporation (Mai Wiru) team, and in consultation with the Store Committee, Assistant Store Managers are responsible for supporting the Store Managers in the day-to-day running and operation of the store, keeping with the Mai Wiru Charter; a range of healthy food and essential items at affordable prices.
There are two Assistant Store Manager positions available, so couples are encouraged to apply, however this is not a prerequisite.
Amongst other duties, Assistant Store Managers are involved in the following aspects of the store; daily operations, human resourcing, marketing, logistics, information technology, customer service, finance, administration, conflict resolution and compliance of the store.
Assistant Store Managers must actively promote healthier choices for Indigenous peoples by way of the consistent supply of fresh and healthy products, store placement of products, ticketing, and information flow.
It is essential that all employees understand and respect cultural differences within the community.
Assist with the effective and efficient operation of the store, and provide a high standard of service and goods to the community in accordance with Mai Wiru values. This includes making certain:
- Shelves etc. are full to capacity with quality saleable items, goods are rotated, and products are priced in accordance with policy.
- Retail area is clean and tidy, maintaining good retail presentation.
- The needs of new and existing customers are attended to.
- Assist in developing activities and promotions to ensure sales targets are met.
- The encouragement and involvement of Indigenous personnel in the store.
- Supervise, delegate and motivate employees.
- Ensure staff operate within the guide lines of policies and procedures.
- Perform administration/banking/clerical duties as directed by Store Manager.
- Willing to assist at other MWRSCAC locations upon request.
Effectively manage staff in an efficient and courteous environment that fosters a productive experience for customers and staff alike. This may include training and mentoring staff, writing efficient rosters, developing good rapport with staff, addressing issues in a timely and pro-active manner, and cultivating a positive team environment.
Meet occupational health and safety obligations and model appropriate behaviour in day to day work activities.
Management of stores in remote communities desirable, however onsite training is available.