Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Casual Retail Employee
Posted on: Dec 29, 2020
IMMEDIATE START - CASUAL RETAIL EMPLOYEE - REMOTE WORK
- Attractive Remuneration
- Attractive Career Progression
- Subsidised Accommodation
If you are looking for an adventure or wishing to enrich your life with a unique cultural experience, then join the Mai Wiru family and take the opportunity of a lifetime! You will be given a chance to work across some of the most iconic locations of Australia! A career in remote retail will equip you with life skills that are transferable across any industry. Join an organisation that is experiencing year on year growth - and work within a genuine career progression system that will help you work towards a level of Senior Management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail employee Grade 2 – shall mean employee engaged to perform a range of duties within the operation of the Store.
The duties of Retail employee may include (but not limited to):
- Work in a team environment under general supervision
- Selling of merchandise and Customer service.
- Preparation of Stock including fresh food for display.
- Movement of Stock around the Store.
- Point of Sale systems and procedures including operation of Registers.
- Processing receipt/dispatch documentation.
- Adhering to Loss prevention procedures.
- Incidental cleaning in accordance with normal position requirements.
- Interpret instructions and work within the guidelines of policy and procedures.
- Responsibility for the quality of his/her own work.
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Routine operation of a range of equipment used within the operation of the Store.
- The provision of information, advice and assistance to Customers.
- Preparation of food in the take-away outlet
- Willing to assist other Mai Wiru Regional Store Council Aboriginal Corporation (MWRSCAC) Stores at other MWRSCAC sites on request
The successful candidate will have heavily subsidised accommodation within the community that they are assigned to, which includes all utilities, phone & internet (where applicable) - at a charge of $40p/w.
The rate of pay will be in accordance with the Retail Award at (Retail Employee Grade 2) with casual hours depending on the location and store requirements.
Genuine career progression is available and training will provided to ensure your success.
Assistant Manager development opportunities within 6-12 months of completing your training plan.
This role may lead to a full-time contract and will allow you to explore the country across our 12 community stores in the N.T and S.A.
[Additional growth on the horizon]
Mai Wiru has a stict 'Pet and Animal' policy in place. Any candidate who owns a pet will need to include details during their application. This will be assessed according to the position and accommodation provided.
As Mai Wiru provides services to 'at risk and vulnerable people' across remote Indigenous Communities, candidates will also be required to submit a 'Criminal Background Check' with their application.
If you would like to know more? Please visit our website: www.maiwiru.org.au