Work With Us
MWRSCAC has a genuine role in creating meaning full career paths and employment opportunities for Anangu people living in the APY lands and strongly encourage community members to apply
The development and implementation of good business practices in an ethical, culturally appropriate, and social responsible manner has enabled MWRSCAC to adopt a strategic corporate approach to its core business to ensure the foundation for future growth is strong
Posted on: Aug 31, 2020
Clerical Assistant required for immediate start! Operating within the HR Team this role present exciting opportunities for growth and career progress.
- Based in Alice Springs N.T
- Flexible hours for the right candidate - Monday to Friday
- Genuine Career Progression Available
Is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Clerical Assistant to join our team!
The successful applicant will be employed casually and based at our Head Office in Alice Springs.
You will be a key part of a highly professional and dynamic team, with an ability to further your career through ongoing training and on the job support.
Upon satisfactory performance and demonstration of your abilities, a Full-Time employment package may be offered.
Flexible work hours are available for the right candidate. (Parents or Uni Students who are confined to school hours are more than welcome to apply).
Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of Indigenous communities by ensuring continuous access to nutritious and affordable food and essential items.
Mai Wiru is an unfunded, not-for-profit organisation which is registered as a charity by the ATO.
‘Mai Wiru’ means ‘good food’ in Pitjantjatjara, the language most commonly spoken by people on the APY Lands. The links between the provision of adequate supplies of food, and the health of Indigenous peoples in remote communities in Australia have been well documented.
What we are offering
- Pay Guide: Clerks - Private Sector Award
- [Casual Contract 27.5hrs+ per week - Mon to Fri]
- An office assistant position with an established Organisation. Ideal for a tertiary student or parents balancing school aged children, or someone looking for new opportunities due to the current economic downturn.
- On the job training and supervision would be provided in relation to our customer service, automation systems & data entry.
- Reports directly to HR Manager or as directed.
Administrative duties are varied and may include (but not limited to):
- First point of contact - handling telephone and email enquiries.
- Scheduling bookings for internal and external staff transfers (along with appropriate itinerary planning).
- Assist with data entry for Retail Touch (Point of Sale System 'POS') to ensure stock maintenance is maintained.
- Social media updates (facebook and website).
- General office work (cleaning/filing or any other duties as directed).
Skills and qualifications
- You should have a strong English speaking background and able to communicate effectively, succinctly, and professionally - across both written and verbal formats.
- Culturally sensitive and able to communicate appropriately with Indigenous stakeholders and customers.
- General office skills in word, outlook and excel.
- General understanding of Dropbox and POS systems.
- Able to navigate and promote the Organisation's Facebook pages and website.
- Key attention to detail is a must!
- You need to be reliable and interested in an ongoing commitment to growing an Indigenous Organisation.
- Experience not necessary, but evidence of similar work will be advantageous.
Only candidates who have made it through our screening process will be contacted.
Candidates who submit a cover letter without a CV will be rejected automatically.
Hiring Process [Applications close 28/08/2020]:
- 1st stage interviews (Commences from - 10/08)
- Final interviews (Conducted in person at Head Office from - 24/08)
- Successful Candidate notified by 31/08.