Freight - APY Lands
Mai Wiru Regional Stores operates its own freight service from Adelaide to all APY Lands communities. Toll is contracted as the transport supplier using a dedicated triple road train fully funded by Mai Wiru. A transport service owned by the major users, the Community Stores, ensures the long term viability of the service.
Mai Wiru operates a new, purpose built truck and trailers for the benefit of the APY Lands and all its communities.
Please read below for details on our freight service to the APY Lands. To enquire, contact our Transport & Supply Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features of the Mai Wiru Freight Service
- Weekly transport service from Toll Wingfield Branch to the APY Lands.
- APY community deliveries to Indulkana, Mimili, Kaltjiti (Fregon), Pukatja (Ernabella including Kenmore Park), Umuwa, Amata, Murputja/Nyapari, Kanypi & Pipalyatjara (including Kalka).
- Triple road train with contingency for an additional trailer and truck when required. Triple road train includes three enclosed trailers all capable of being used as refrigerated trailers as required.
- A curtain sided trailer can be included for the transport of oversized items.
- Two drivers operate each service for safety and to enable an overnight service from Adelaide.
- Cold chain integrity for all goods is maintained by this HACCP accredited service with GPS and remote temperature tracking on all trailers.
- The service includes the return of freight from all APY communities which can then be on-forwarded to any destination.
APY Lands Transport Schedule
Notes on Community Freight Service
- In communities where Mai Wiru manage the stores, freight will be delivered to the community store and held there for collection when convenient by receivers. This will include the holding of refrigerated goods in the store chillers or freezers to ensure cold chain integrity. This is an important value-added customer service ensuring freight integrity through to collection by receiver.
- A late Wednesday departure enables store and community orders to be placed up until the end of the preceding week. These orders can be picked & packed on Monday-Tuesday ready for collection Wednesday morning. Fresh produce can be purchase from Adelaide Produce Market wholesalers on Wednesday morning for availability in stores from Thursday.
- All goods destined for delivery to APY Lands communities must be clearly addressed with the receivers name, agency and community. Goods can be delivered to the Mai Wiru Freight c/o Toll Transport Wingfield site directly by the supplier, or a third party courier can be engaged to perform this service.
- An Adelaide metro collection service is available for any sized items with bookings through Mai Wiru Freight.
- Collections from and deliveries to any Australia wide location can be arranged through Mai Wiru Freight.
- All freight/goods for carriage on the Mai Wiru transport service must have a Toll consignment note completed. This consignment number will act as a reference for freight tracking and is listed on your Mai Wiru freight invoice.
- It should be communicated to suppliers that all deliveries for the Mai Wiru Freight Service should be delivered on Monday to Wednesday with a cut off by 11:00am each Wednesday to make that week’s truck service to:
Name / Agency
Mai Wiru Freight c/o Toll Transport
6 Johansson Road, Wingfield SA 5013
- All cartons and pallets must be clearly labelled with the receiving agency and APY Community.
- Email our Transport & Supply Manager email@example.com for more details. Bookings for oversized or multiple pallet consignments are essential.
- Dangerous Goods such as LPG Cylinders or bulk Chemicals can be carried but may require specific trailer configurations to comply with DG Transport legislation which may necessitate delayed delivery.