Choose Life Choose Healthy
MWRSCAC has instigated projects to promote health and wellbeing including;
- Swap it Out campaign
- Knock out Diabetes campaign
- Rethink the Drink, partnership with Coca Cola to promote water and non-sugar drinks
- Leading the way for Healthy Kids
- Low Price & No mark Up Campaign (Meat, Fruit, Vegetables and Baby Formula)
- 80 – 20 Take-Aways Rule, (80% healthy 20% discretionary food)
MWRSCAC is continually working on Choose Life Choose Healthy Program which includes:
- A pricing policy that specials only healthy food, and subsidises the provision of healthy and nutritious food so it is affordable and of the highest quality;
- The employment of a Health & Wellbeing Coordinator to promote healthy food choices and increased participation in the communities; and
- A partnership with Coca Cola promoting water and non-sugared drinks as the drink of choice.
These are only a few of the ways MWRSCAC support and enhance efforts towards improving health outcomes in our communities.